The President Office
- October 22: President Stephen Lee chaired the 2nd meeting of Hong Kong Theological Education Association in 2016-17.
- September 21: Vice President Luke Cheung attended the ceremony of Guangdong Union Theological Seminary celebrating 30 years of reopening of the seminary.
- August 5: Mrs Wance Chan attended the 45th ICMDA (International Christian Medical & Dental Association) Asian Christian Medical Workers and Students Exchange Program. “Engagement in Holistic Care” was the theme of the conference. Mrs Chan gave an address on “Theological Reflections on Disability and Suffering.”
- August 17-19: Dr Liang Hong attended The 3rd Carmel International Symposium sponsored by Hong Kong Baptist University. “Traditional Values and Our Secular Age” was the theme of the symposium. Dr Hong also presented a paper about Karl Barth and Hannah Arendt on evil.
- September 1-3: Dean Dr Jean Lee attended the IDMC 2016 Marketplace Discipleship Conference in Singapore.
- September 6: Dr Annie Ng was invited by Christian Lok Fu Kowloon City Chaplaincy Ministry to preach at their Heartfelt Graduation cum Annual Meeting. Dr Ng shared her message “Life stories God’s Signature”.
- September 12: Dr Sarah Ip was invited by Hong Kong Baptist Theological Seminary to speak at the 65th Anniversary Academic Conference of Christian Education. She presented a paper entitled “The Teaching Office that Crosses the Divide: Priesthood of All Believers.”
- September 13: Dr Ng accepted the invitation of Breakthrough to attend the Ministry Development Forum and speak on Spirituality and Socio-Cultural Context.
- September 20: Dr Ng was invited to speak at the 2016 Life and Ethics Dialogue hosted by the Centre of Life and Ethics Studies of The Society of Truth and Light.
- September 21: Dr Ng was invited to speak at the Pastoral Leadership Development Day 2016 cosponsored by Christian Communications Ltd and Ray Bakke Centre for Urban Transformation.
- September 21: Dr Wong Ka-Leung attended the ceremony of Guangdong Union Theological Seminary celebrating 30 years of reopening of the seminary.
- September 28: Rev Timothy Au attended as the guest speaker of the film screening of ‘From Hong Kong Context: “Quiet Inquisition”’ and post-screening talk organized by Teen’s Key and Gender Justice Ministry of Hong Kong Christian Council.
- October 4-6: Rev Dr Kin-Yip Louie attended the committee meeting of the World Reformed Fellowship in Maryland, the US. “Reform Theology of Tomorrow” was the theme of the meeting. Dr Louie presented a paper “Postmodern culture and Reformed Tradition.”
- October 6: Rev Au was invited by Industrial Evangelistic Fellowship to speak at the pastoral exchange forum celebrating the 15th Anniversary of the Problem-Gamblers Rehabilitation Centre.
- October 12: Dr Raymond Au was invited to speak at the Month of Religion and Philosophy Lectures on Love organized by Hong Kong Baptist University. “Love: A Dance of Gender” was the topic of Dr Au’s sharing.
- October 15: Dr Au was invited to speak at the 2016 Holistic Heart Healing Annual Meeting hosted by Rapha Foundation.
- October 17: Dr Ng was invited to preach at the revival meeting of the Christian Week hosted by the Chaplain’s Office of Hong Kong Baptist University.
- October 17: Dr Donna Lee was invited to speak at a certificate course co-hosted by Harvest Charity Foundation and Fullness in Christ Fellowship, and Christian & Missionary Alliance Church Tuen Mun Church.
- October 21: Dr Joyce Sun was invited by Christian & Missionary Alliance Church Union of Hong Kong to preach at their youth camp.
- October 22: Associate Dean Dr Bernard Wong was invited by Christian & Missionary Alliance Church Union of Hong Kong to preach at their youth camp.
- October 22: Dr Jean Lee attended the 2nd meeting of Hong Kong Theological Education Association in 2016-17.
- July: Dr Joyce Sun’s paper “Violent Language and Non-Violent Resistance in the Book of Revelation” was published in the Jian Dao Journal Issue 46 (July, 2016), P 101-118.
- October: Dr Liang Hong published a paper “Gibt e seine konfuzianische Ziviltat?” in the Evangelische Theologie Journal in Germany.
- September: Dr Daniel Lee’s book in Chinese Total Grace and Filial Gratitude was published by Christian Communications Limited.
- September: Dr Ng’s book in Chinese Pilgrimage of Metropolitan Spirituality was published by Christian Communications Limited.
- September 1-3: Marketplace Ministry Coordinator Ms Angela Chiu and Marketplace Project Coordinator Ms Natalie Wong attended the IDMC 2016 Marketplace Discipleship Conference in Singapore.
- September 21: Mr Daniel Law attended the ceremony of Guangdong Union Theological Seminary celebrating 30 years of reopening of the seminary.
- October 25-November 8: Mr Law went to Ottawa, Canada, to attend the Canadian Board AGM, during which he visited supporters in Toronto. He then went on to Seattle, USA to attend the US Board AGM. Afterwards, he visited local supporters in Vancouver.
- May God give teachers strength and wisdom as they teach the Winter Intensive courses in January 2017. May the students be edified through the courses.
- Pray for the speakers of the Josephine So Lectures on Culture & Ethics on Marketplace Ministry between January 17 and 18, 2017. May God use the lectures to bless pastors, theological students and church leaders.
- Pray that God may continue to guide those who will attend the Dedication Camp coming up in February 2017 to discern their vocation and calling from above.
Subscribe to electronic version of CGST English Bulletin
Thank you for subscribing to our print edition of English Bulletin. More trees are being torn down when we continue to print the quarterly Bulletin. We now would like to invite you to take part in protecting the environment, by subscribing to our electronic version.
You can simply visit here and fill in the information as requested. From next issue onwards, you will receive an email notification to view the electronic version of the English Bulletin. Thank you for making an effort to save the earth!
General Fund Financial Report
Jul to Sep, 2016
|Tuition & other income||672,852|
|Surplus from Jan to Jun 2016||104,290|
|Outstanding mortgage loans as at Sep, 2016||US$ 2,008,806|