Jointly-Awarded PhD degree
between China Graduate School of Theology and University of Edinburgh
Develop outstanding theological educators and researchers for China and Asia
- Cross-cultural research with global perspectives
- Joint supervision of two renowned partnering institutions
- A single degree combining the fine traditions of both a university and a seminary
- Show ability to undertake theological research and reflection in an integrative and critical manner
- Show ability to ground critical and innovative thinking realistically that addresses the needs of the age
- Possess spiritual maturity and commitment to the expansion of God's kingdom
- Holder of an MDiv degree or equivalent, with a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Competence in academic writing in English (e.g. IELTS 7.0), and in any other language(s) as deemed necessary by the Programme Committee for specific areas of research
- Duration of research and study will normally be 36-48 months full-time equivalent. Within not more than 12 months of commencing work, students are required to present a full, formal research proposal along with a sample of work. On the basis of progress up to that point and the prospects for the research, the Review Board will make a recommendation on the continuation of studies/thesis.
- Students must reside 18 months in Hong Kong, and another 18 months in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- On admission, each student will be assigned 1 principal supervisor from both CGST and Edinburgh. Both supervisors will work closely together to oversee his/her work for best result.
- The thesis must be written in English. Student shall submit his/her thesis and attend an oral examination, and may graduate after having satisfied the examiners on both the thesis and the oral examination.
- Graduate will attend a graduation ceremony hosted by either but not both of the institutions.
Fees in 2018/19 (subject to changes, please refer to the announcement for the most up-to-date information about fees from CGST)
- Application Fee：
- Tuition Fee：
18 months at CGST (HK$67,200 per year)
18 months at University of Edinburgh (please refer to its website)
- Scholarship is available for post-graduate studies.